Any parent with youngins knows that the thought of hiking with your kids sounds good, until you actually go, and then its never ending questions "Are we there yet?" or "How much farther?" or "I'm hot!!!" But I thought it would be perfect to hike the narrows because you are in water most of the time and if you go early enough, you are in the shade most of the time. We decided to have one last adventure before going back to school. This shot was right when we started. Then we got a little more adventurous.
By about 10 minutes into the hike, they were all so excited. They kept saying "This is the coolest hike ever!!!" The next thing I knew they were wading all the way in.
I'm telling you, there was not one complaint about how tired they were, how hot it was or when we were going to be done. It was amazing. We packed a picnic lunch, and they of course had waterbottles in their backpacks, but as we were nearing the end of the hike, Morgan asked me to hold her backpack because it was heavy. I'm not kidding...when I took it over it probably weighed 15 pounds. She was carrying water around from when she went swimming. The water got trapped in there!!!! It was pretty funny. They are pretty good sports.

Fun, fun, fun!!!
Of course Morgan found the mud eventually!




2 comments:
Oh my gosh! Those pics are cute! Your kids are great sports!
Morgan, Bennett and Creighton are real hikers. The miles are really adding up for them. What a fun summer outing...and Kim you are an awesome mom for taking them on such an awesome adventure. Proud of all of you.
Post a Comment