Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I asked for it!!

All my kids have been sick the past few days. Creighton stayed home from school today, and Bennett and Morgan have had pretty nasty coughs. Tonight Bennett went to bed while Creighton, Morgan and I were watching a little bit of American Idol. He was coughing pretty bad so he got up and asked if he could have "some really good medicine..not just a cough drop" so I found some cough suppressant in the cupboard and gave him the syringe. He asked, "does it taste bad?" And I replied, "yeah, I'm sure it does." He took maybe 1 ml of it and announced that he felt better already and he didn't need to take the rest. I told him that he wasn't going to be able to sleep if he didn't take all of it so I pretty much made him take the rest. I took the syringe and he reluctantly let me squirt it into his mouth. As soon as he swallowed he started gagging....and up came dinner.
Yup...I asked for it. Sorry buddy.

2 comments:

amber said...

Sorry they've all been sick. Hope everyone's better soon!

Sassy Sue said...

Is there such a thing as "good medicine???!!! Poor Bennett - he must have quite the gag reflex. How is Mom holding up with all 3 kids sick??? I'm thinking of you!

XOXO