Saturday, July 3, 2010

Lost....Camera!!!!! And other stuff

This summer I told the kids we would go on 1 hike per week during the time they were home. We started out with Middle Taylor Creek in Kolob Canyon which was really fun. Then we decided about 2 weeks ago that we were going to go to Red Cliffs Reserve in Leeds where they have a little pool at the top with a natural water slide. We drove up there which is about 20 mins from our house and the whole site was closed due to road construction. We were really bummed but I had another place in mind. It was closer to Cedar City and we had already driven halfway there so I thought what the heck...so we kept going north. The only thing was that I didn't know exactly where it was so we got off on one exit and drove around for about 30 mins looking for it, only to find out that we needed to get off on the next exit and next thing you know we have been looking for about an hour. We finally found it and started the hike. You have to cross the creek several times during the ascent and the water was quite cold so our feet were getting frozen and numb. As we went further, we got to this beautiful slot canyon.......And then we reached this........There is a little ladder off to the right where you can climb up and then there is another fall above it also. It was incredible and so worth it. I was taking pictures while we were in the area between the two falls. Morgan started to cry because her feet were so numb that they were starting to hurt. So I put my camera down on top of the back pack and sat down in an area that was dry to help her feet get warm. About 2-3 mins later I asked Bennett to take a picture of Morgs and I. He said, "Where's the camera?" I said, "right on top of the back pack." He said, "no its not" And I knew immediately that the camera had gotten bumped somehow into the creek and on down the waterfall it went, because it was nowhere to be found.
AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Cameras and I don't get along.....at all!!!!!
So, you think I would have learned the last time when I hadn't downloaded my pictures off my SD card and I lost out on a bunch of pictures.....nooooooo. I did it again. It has been since Xmas that I have saved any of the pics from my card. I am sooooo bummed.
That was a roller coaster day....so to speak. On the way home I was so upset, and then I got an exciting phone call......I got accepted into BYU Idaho's online RN to BSN program!!! So, as disappointing as it was to lose the camera, the day wasn't all bad!! So, I don't have any pics to post except these that I googled....but we do have the memories ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim So sorry about your camera! I hope we can someday go on some of these awesome hikes with you guys. Congrats on your acceptance WAY TO GO Smarty pants!! Hope to see ya soon...

Sassy Sue said...

Kimmie - unbelievable pics. I want to go!!! You are a great mom to those kiddos! Sorry about your camera :(

mariann and Tory said...

Those pics are amazing!! I feel your pain about dropping cameras in rivers! I did that last summer!! I hate that!! That is awesome that you guys go hiking once a week! We need to go with you guys when I am out of lame school!

Anonymous said...

Kim what the hek. I hate being so far away from you because I have to find out through your blog that you got into the BSN nursing program? That is seriously awesome! And it's online so you know you can totally slack off! Haha That sux about the camera. Maybe you should look for one with a lanyard? IDK

Anonymous said...

Or get a fanny pack. LMAO